About Joy Wanjiku (ECDE)
June 15, 2012
Joy lives with her single mother. She loves writing and playing soccer. Her teacher describes her as being organized and neat.
Her older sister Ruth works as a janitor at Cornerstone. Believe it or not, her nephew (Ian Maina) is also in kindergarten at Cornerstone.
Your Sponsorship Provides:
- -Regular medical evaluations and personalized health plan, including dental and vision care
- -Nutritionally balanced breakfast, lunch, and two snacks ~6 days a week
- -Excellent education with certified Kenyan teachers ~6 days a week
- -Complete school uniforms, shoes, socks, and all necessary books and supplies
- -Bus transport to and from school every day
- -Enrichment through extra-curricular activities, including a 2 hour community outreach every Saturday
- -Parental support from social workers, ensuring that each family's needs are known and met
- -Classes for parents related to family health, hygiene, childhood development, and financial sustainability
- -Spiritual care and development provided by a full time youth minister