About Mary Wanjira (Cornerstone)
March 3, 2010
Mary lives with both parents. Her parents are sometimes employed as manual laborers. Her sister, Rahab Kyalo, also attends Cornerstone.
She is a quiet, reserved girl, but she asks lots of good questions. She also loves soccer. Her favorite animal is the giraffe because of its beautiful skin. Math is her best subject, and she dreams of one day becoming a doctor.
Your Sponsorship Provides:
- -Regular medical evaluations and personalized health plan, including dental and vision care
- -Nutritionally balanced breakfast, lunch, and two snacks ~6 days a week
- -Excellent education with certified Kenyan teachers ~6 days a week
- -Complete school uniforms, shoes, socks, and all necessary books and supplies
- -Bus transport to and from school every day
- -Enrichment through extra-curricular activities, including a 2 hour community outreach every Saturday
- -Parental support from social workers, ensuring that each family's needs are known and met
- -Classes for parents related to family health, hygiene, childhood development, and financial sustainability
- -Spiritual care and development provided by a full time youth minister